Friday, October 9, 2015

Comics on a Budget

Reading comics may seem costly but there are ways to do it without breaking the bank. Many libraries are starting to build up there graphic novel and trade paperback sections. (Note: a trade paperback is book that collects singles issues in the same story arc together). This is how I have been reading a lot more books that I was unsure on. Flea markets are also a great place get many comics inexpensively. Lastly, you're local comics hop may have a sail or may have $1.00 issues that the publishers have out released to introduce readers to the comics. 

I know the near me is part of a network of libraries. If it does not have a book, I can go on their website and request a hold on it. This is a great resource and something I wanted to point out before starting the Comic Book of the Month Club.  If you are unsure you will like the book, try checking it out of the library. 

If you are looking to collect single issues and older trade paperbacks, a flea market may be the place for you. You can grab older issues for a reasonable price. I have seen them priced from 50 cents and up. I pick up a lot of single issues from the flea market. This had led to me taking out the trade paperback from the library. 

These are just a few options to read comics while on a budget and I hope this helps convince you to join in the Comic Book of the Month discussion when we start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment