So with my last post being about the Marvel Cinematic Universe television shows and with me currently, re-watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4, I thought I would talk a little about the Ghost Rider's that have been portrayed in either movies or t.v.. The most recent incarnation of Ghost Rider was Robbie Reyes on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it is my favorite incarnation so far.
To be fair, I have tried to give the Ghost Rider movies, starring Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze, their fair shake, but they are almost cringe-worthy in the way that Punisher Warzone is cringe-worthy.
This was the transformation of Ghost Rider in Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance. It is a pretty silly transformation. One reason could be the technology at the time, but that reason basically goes out the window when you look at the movies that were released the same year such as Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. The CGI work in the movie can be blamed on budget, but it does not make up for the silliness of the transformation overall.
Meanwhile, in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the transformation looked like Robbie was in pain and he was constantly struggling to contain the spirit. The Robbie Reyes character as a whole has a really compelling backstory and character build. It is amazing that the television show had such a better looking transformation than a big budget movie.
Most of my dislike for the Ghost Rider movies comes from the absurdity of the Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance as Ghost Rider, the first movie, was an okay movie. Nicholas Cage actually portrayed an okay Johnny Blaze in that movie. The movie was on par with most of the non-Marvel Cinematic Universe movies released in that time period. This may not seem like a ringing endorsement, but those movies are somewhat enjoyable.
If you are a Ghost Rider fan and have not seen this incarnation you definitely need to check out Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as he is part of the entire first arc. Once you watch that arc, make sure you continue because while Ghost Rider is a great start of the season, it only gets better from there.
If you have seen both live action Ghost Riders, let me know which you prefer!
Friday, November 24, 2017
|Photo From tvtropes.com|
Now however, we live in time where our larger than life superheroes are actually larger than life because we can watch them on the big screen. The cartoons were my entrance into the comic and superhero world, however the movies were the evolution of my fandom. Seeing Iron Man on the big screen re-ignited all of my childhood imaginations. What's cooler than a superhero that has a suit of armor for every situation? If he needs to go into space, he has a suit for that. He needs to go into a volcano, he has a suit for that. You know it and he either has a suit for it or he can create one.
However, I digress from the point of this. Marvel still produces cartoons, but now they produce live action TV shows as well. We live in a time were just in the Marvel Cinematic Universe there are multiple live action shows. Within this universe there is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, The Punisher, Runways and the soon-to-be released shows of Cloak and Dagger and The New Warriors. This is on top of the feature film entries in this shared universe.
With all of these shows available, it can be extremely hard to pick a favorite. I happen to like all of the entries to varying levels. My two favorites are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil. However, that is to take nothing away from the more polarizing shows like Agent Carter and Iron Fist. They both had positives they brought to universe.
This is a day late and maybe a dollar short, but as a comic book fan, I am grateful for all of the comic related entertainment available and especially the TV shows which I never dreamed a network would take a chance on.
Let me know what you're favorites are or were. If you want to talk about the 90's cartoons, please leave a comment and we can discuss them. They're amazing!
Monday, July 18, 2016
2016 WWE Brand Extension Draft
Note: this draft was done before WWE announced the rules for the draft. Also, we handpicked our general managers. Daniel Bryan was chosen early last week. Looks like I might already have one precision right!
RAW (World Heavy Weight, US Title) – Highlighted in Red: Chosen by Phil Munton
Smackdown (WWE Title, Intercontinental Title) – Highlighted in Blue: Chosen by Louie Simoes
1) Seth Rollins: How can you not choose Seth Rollins?! He was the best before his knee blew out, he's the best now, and will be the best for the future. His skills in the ring are great, second to none really. His mic skills are great, and most of all he can be a great heel or face giving flexibility to any scenario given to him.
Future: Multiple WHW Championships
2) Dean Ambrose: If Seth Rollins in #1 then Dean Ambrose was #1A. There was no other choice that made sense here. Currently, he is the WWE Champion and I see him as a consistent main eventer going forward.
Future: Multiple runs with the WWE Championship
3) A.J. Styles: Why Styles? Because he is PHENOMENAL! (Sorry but I had too) No matter what promotion he has worked, he has been a star. Nothing will change in the WWE, so long as they let A.J. be the phenomenal one he is.
Future: Multiple WHW Championships, Faction leader
4)Finn Balor: This may have been a shock pick here at #4, but the potential upside of this pick was too good to risk losing him. Finn Balor has blazed an amazing trail in NXT and I see that continuing on Smackdown. While this may ruin any potential feud with A.J. Styles over the club, I see many championship reigns in his future.
Future: Intercontinental Champion and WWE Champion
5) New Day: Quite possibly the best all-around entertaining group in WWE. They continually bring the enjoyment into any feud where, let's face it, the WWE has booked terribly. New Day will continue to be a great trio that can go against anyone in the ring and on the mic.
Future: Multiple time Tag Team Champions, US title for Xavier
6) Kevin Owens: Easily, the best pick left on the board at this point. To leave him on the board beyond this pick would have been an insult to his talents. Easily, one of the best wrestlers at cutting promos and just as talented in the ring, he makes a great foundation for Smackdown’s future. He has a bright future.
Future: Intercontinental Champion, Potential Tag Team Champion and WWE Champion.
7) Roman Reigns: The only way to have Roman come back is as a heel, and that's exactly what he will be for my promotion upon his return. He has all the raw skills, the look, the history to become a mega star, but he must be a heel to become a future HOF.
Future: Multiple WHW Championships, US Champion
8) Enzo Amore and Big Cass: This tag team has been a bright spot for WWE programming for quite some time. They are way over with the crowd and have been having great feuds with everyone they’ve engaged with. They never held the NXT Tag Team Championships, but many runs with the WWE Tag Team Championships are in their future!
Future: Multiple time WWE Tag Team Champions
9) Sami Zayn: I know a lot of people look at this pick and think that's pretty high for a guy that is recently up from NXT with minimal success since that call up. One thing about Sami is he is over, and will always be over no matter what crowd you put him in front of. He is over because of his passion, work inside the ring, and heart. He may not be the biggest, but he makes the best out of every situation.
Future: US champion, Tag Team Champion, possible WHW champion at least once.
10) Wyatt Family: One of the best acts in WWE recently, it’s time for the Wyatt Family to run rough shod over a brand. Bray Wyatt has been an overlooked talent for too long. Injuries have hampered a bit of his momentum, but the feud with The New Day has revitalized the Wyatt Family and it is great to see. They should be one of the focal points on Smackdown.
Future: Multiple Tag Team Championship and potentially a WWE Championship (Bray Wyatt)
11) Cesaro: Cesaro is the most under utilized wrestler in WWE. He has the ability to headline, but consistently is maxed out as a mid card. When he was tagging with Tyson Kidd, Cesaro was putting up his best work. The teamwork and connection between them showed inside the ring. He still has some way to go on the mic, but is still solid.
Future: Tag Team Champion (with Sami Zayn), WHW champion, US champion
12) Samoa Joe: Samoa Joe adds an instant main event level talent to the main roster. On top of that he has name recognition that few in NXT have. He could also, allow for a second world championship by converting the NXT title into a main roster championship. Only time will tell, but I see a bright future for Samoa Joe.
Future: Intercontinental Champion, Potentially WWE Champion.
13) Shinsuke Nakamura: Swagsuke is a sleeper pick. Whomever watches NXT knows just how talented Nakamura is in the ring. WWE has not had a great track record of pushing Japanese talents at all, but Nakamura is the real deal and it will be hard for WWE to not notice that and belt him in the future.
Future: US champion, WHW shot, Tag Title Champion
14) Dolph Ziggler: Once pushed as a main eventer when the brands were split previously, this could be just the thing that Dolph Ziggler needs to revitalize his career. Recently, he feuded with Baron Corbin and that helped neither man. Ziggler has loads of talent and getting him on Smackdown could help WWE utilize his talents once again.
Future: Intercontinental Champion, Potentially WWE Champion.
15) Rusev w/ Lana: This is the second time around for Rusev with the US championship, and by far this time is his best work. He is a fantastic heel that entertains on the mic, but is physical and strong inside the ring. Very athletic for a man of his size and stature, plus having Lana by his side helps add to the heel persona.
Future: longest US title reign, faction leader
16) The Miz w/ Maryse: Another former world champion who has found himself further down the card recently. He is one of the few talents on the roster who has the ability to make the crowd boo in a way that is entertaining. Recently, he has received a push and is the current WWE Intercontinental Champion. He is a solid ring worker and great talker. The addition of his wife, Maryse, has given his character a boost as well.
Future: Intercontinental Champion, Tag Team Champion and potentially WWE Champion.
17) John Cena: The face that runs the place (who also falls to 17th in this draft because let's be honest his better days are behind him). Cena is very polarizing, but no matter what, he gets a reaction, and to the WWE that is the sound of $$$. He also is a great person to have on the roster to help build the new and future talent. Great on the mic and will be until he can't speak no more, he can make any feud better just by opening his mouth.
Future: US Title, one more shot to be 16x WHW champion
18) Brock Lesnar: The one in 21-1. The man who ended the streak. The man who just recently returned to UFC on short notice and won. Suplex City is relocating to Smackdown because even in a limited role, he bring much needed importance and star power to Smackdown. Brock Lesnar is an exceptional talent and when a new star rises, beating Brock Lesnar could help cement him in the main event.
Future: Potential Wrestlemania Main event. Possible run with WWE Championship.
19) American Alpha: The team of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable work great for NXT. They have been over with every single crowd (i.e. Dallas, London, and Full Sail). Some tweaks in their in ring hot tags, and making Gable look a little strong as to not get the snot kicked out of him almost every match can make them a fantastic tag team for WWE.
Future: Multiple time Tag Champions, US champion for Chad Gable
20) The Club (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson): With Finn Balor on Smackdown this pick was a no-brainer. Gallows, Anderson and Balor go back to Japan before AJ lead the Bullet Club, Finn was the leader. With this pick the plan should be to make him the leader again. With that said, The Club should be made a force to reckon with on Smackdown.
Future: Mulitple Tag Team Championship reigns.
21) Chris Jericho: The Best in the World at being the guy I need to help put others over, get into some mid card feuds that'll be entertaining and well done. Unfortunately, Father Time is weighing heavily on Jericho, but he can still boost any matchup. Also, maybe become the brains in a trio tag team.
Future: Mid Card, Ring leader of a faction
22) Randy Orton: Bringing veteran experience and a great work Randy Orton makes a lot of sense at this point of the draft. He establishes star power and can work a heck of a program as well. He’s a former world champion with the potential to have another reign.
Future: Upper-Midcard. Intercontinental. Potential World Championship.
23) Alberto Del Rio: Another great option to help put over the new faces for WWE, i.e. Cena and Jericho. That's all really.
Future: Mid Card
24) Sheamus: As recently as December 2015, Sheamus was the WWE World Champion. In more recent times he’s been feuding in the mid-card, but he still has potential to establish himself as a full on main eventer. He is still very talented and entertaining. The roster is more rounded because of this.
Future: Upper Midcard, Intercontinental Championship
25) Jimmy and Jay Uso: The Usos are a very serviceable tag team that can help fill holes in programming, as well as if injuries plague the division to help build or hold the belts.
Future: Tag Title champs one more time
26) Bobby Roode: Recently signed to a WWE NXT Contract so this pick is highly unlikely, but his work in TNA cannot be ignored. He was top talent there as both a fan favorite and as a bad guy. Bringing him up and establishing him, could help WWE have more top talent quickly.
Future: Tag Team Champion and Intercontinental Champion.
27) Zack Ryder: Long Island Iced Z is underrated, and proved recently he can be versatile. In NXT, he has been teaming up with Mojo Rawly as the Hype Bros, and it has been reenergizing his career. Since then he has won the IC title at Mania, and been floating from NXT to the main roster, but now that the spilt is happening it gives a chance for someone like Ryder to make his name again.
Future: US title, tag champion
28) Austin Aries: A former TNA World Champion who is helping to enhance talent on the NXT Roster. With the expanding rosters, solid workers are desperately needed to fill out both shows. Austin Aries has long been underrated by the WWE. However, his work enhancing talents in NXT should be enough for WWE to know that a move to the main roster will benefit not only Austin Aries, but the talent as well.
Future: Midcard Wrestler, Potential run with the Intercontinental Championship.
29) Kota Ibushi/Baron Corbin: Now I want Ibushi but I know he won't be signed until after the classic, so I chose Corbin. Yes the dreaded winner of the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, who once crowned never goes anywhere for the next year, but with the brand split comes new horizons for all! Corbin will become a top heel someday of only as a flash in the pan, but he has great size and demeanor and that is more than the rest of the roster has that is remaining.
Future: possible US title, tag team or faction with Jericho.
30) Neville: He may be the man that gravity forget, but Smackdown should not forget him. He is a heck a of a talent with a boatload of potential upside. His promos are still a little raw but his in-ring talent cannot be denied. He’s on the mend and should be back soon. He should have a bright future especially with WWE spotlighting smaller talents now.
Future: Possible Intercontinental Title Run, (If revived) Potential WWE Cruiserweight Champion.
1) Sasha Banks: The best female talent available on the main roster. Her feud with Charlotte is going to show that her run with the WWE Women’s Championship should have started months ago. Also, this will lead to an eventually show down with a certain NXT talent that should be called up very shortly. Be prepared to see some great matches in the women’s division very soon.
Future: Multiple Time Women’s champion
2) Bayley: It's honestly way over due for Bayley to get the call up to the big show. She has been the best women's performer in the entire company for the past year. Amazing skills in the ring, and is over with every single crowd on the planet.
Future: Women's champion multiple times
3)Paige: One of the youngest female champions in the history of WWE and the only person to hold both the NXT Women’s Championship and the WWE Divas championship simultaneously. While I am disappointed on missing out on Bayley, Paige is a phenomenal talent who has plenty to offer in this division.
Future: WWE Women's Championship
4) Charlotte: Current champion who has been very serviceable in the depleted women's division. She is part of the Four Horse Women and to be honest they are the best thing the WWE has for the women.
Future: Women's champion multiple times
5) Becky Lynch: As the fourth member of the Four Horsewomen, Becky always seems like the overlooked member of the group. She is very talented in the ring and has become quite popular. She is bound to become a WWE Women’s Champion.
Future: WWE Women’s Championship reign.
6) Naomi: She's banged up, but is one of the lost athletic women in the WWE. Hasn't been pushed properly before, but has the potential.
Future: Women's champion
7) Carmella: With Enzo and Big Cass already on the Smackdown roster, taking Carmella was a no- brainer. She is one of the most polished talents on the NXT roster and moving her to the main roster makes too much sense. The unfortunate part of this is that it will end the BayMella tag team , but they could re-unite in the future!
Future: Potential WWE Women’s Champion.
8) Auska: The queen of NXT, but she has that strong style that will help bring more viciousness to the women's division. No mic skills but her visuals tell a great story.
Future: Multi-time champion
9) Nikki Bella: If Nikki is able to make a comeback; she can be an intergral part of the women’s division. She no longer needs to carry the whole division This is good for both her and the WWE as she can prolong her career by wrestling less. This is a risky pick since her return is uncertain, but a gamble that was always worth taking.
Future: Potentially a run with the WWE Women’s Championship.
10) Emma: Before her injury, Emma was being pushed into the spotlight more, and I feel it's very deserved. She is a great heel that has the look and the skill.
Future: Women's champion, also a faction leader.
Monday, March 7, 2016
Chew Vol 1: Taster's Choice is an interesting read from Image Comics. It follows Tony Chu. He is a police detective with a weird ability. He can see the history of things he eats. This includes animals and how they were slaughtered. For this reason he sticks mostly to eating vegetables, beets specifically.
This story takes place in a time when chicken is banned because of the avian flu. Chicken has become something only obtained from the underground and it is hilghly illegal. The Food and Drug Administration in America monitors the sale of chicken very closely. Which plays an intricate part to this whole story.
The story itself picks up with Chu and his partner in an illegal chicken restaurant. They are there to take down the head of the illegal chicken operation. They go undercover and order some food. Tony orders a chicken broth and it turns it one of the cooks cut him finger in the broth. Tony learns that the cook has been abducting, murdering and eating women. What happens next changes everything for Tony.
Tony and his partner pursue the cook. When they go after the cook, Tony's partner gets hit in the throat with a knife. Tony eventually catches the cook and the cook slices his own throat. Tony decided a to take eat some of the cook to discover who the rest of his victims are. This leads to Tony being fired by his local police office.
Tony is actually offered a job from the FDA because of his unique ability. He is called a cibopath. Which means he gets psychic images from his food. He ends up with a very hard nosed boss and must solve a issuing person/ murder. As he begins to investigate Tony learns that he was intimidated by a restaurant for giving them a bad inspection and then that he was murdered. The murder is the big plot twist.
As Tony is investigating the murder they are lead all over the place. He sees the victim lose a finger to the restaurant owners and then he sees his murder. This came after both his new partner, Mason Savoy, and one of the restaurant's hired thugs are shot. In what was a great twist it turns out Savoy murdered the inspector because he thought he knew more about the bird flu and wanted to know what he knew.
Mason Savoy turned out to be a very interesting character. He lost a loved one to what the government claimed was the avian flu. The same reason it was banned. The thing with Savoy is that he does not believe the avian flu caused all the deaths on the planet. This leads him to join the government to take it down from the inside.
Savoy and Tony come to blows when Tony discovers the truth. Savoy actually bites off Tony's ear and threatens to use it to find Tony's loved ones should be pursue him. It is a very well done scene because it creates a lot of intrigue for future volumes.
Before we got to the end of the main story, there were a couple of subplots I wanted to highlight. First, Savoy and Tony go to an international telescope in the artic because their investigation intially leads them there. They end up in a shoot out with Russian astronomers who believe they are there to further the government agenda. This leads to a shoot out between them and one of the Russians runnnng off into the snow. Savoy mentions that she will most likely end up dead out there.
This telescope was set up to "monitor" a planet that had life on it. There are a quick few panels that shoe the telescope actually being used to wipe out the life on that planet. This is something that could come up later.
Also, there is a reporter who has the ability to describe food in such detail readers can taste what she describes. Tony is told to investigate her and get her fired because she been describing the most disgusting food to intentionally make people vomit. Tony ends up falling in love with her, but she leaves after a her newspaper is held hostage by a radical group thy does not believe in the avian flu.
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this. It is a unique story I have not read before. The plot twist was also great. It added a level of intrigue that would not be there without it.
I look forward to reading Chew Vol 2, but before I get to reading that. Let me announce our book of the month for March 2016! It is from Marvel Comics. The Winter Soldier: The Bitter March.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
So in a quick change from the other posts, I wanted to highlight a single issue of a comic instead of a number of them. Hercules, which was launched as part of the All-new, All-different Marvel Universe, has been very entertaining so far. It is a fun play on the legend of Hercules. He is in modern times trying to still be as best a hero as he can be.
This issue picks up in the middle of the story arc going on. As of now, we have seen ancient mythical creatures, immortal beings and other stuff of legend being scared of what is referred to as "The Rising Storm". Hercules makes it his mission to try and stop whatever is plaguing these creatures.
Hercules finds that his friend Gilgamesh has unknowingly got himself into some trouble. Gilgamesh is captured by a clan of ancient creatures who plan to sacrifice him for a ritual to stop the storm. Now, Hercules must figure out where he is and save him in time.
While all of this has been going on, an ancient friend of Hercules's, Tiresias, had been attacked in a previous issue. Tiresias is a seer and warns Hercules of the strength of "The Uprising Storm". Hercules's landlord and friend, Sophia, goes to stay with Tiresias at the hospital.
When we check in on Tiresias at the hospital we see a member of The Uprising Storm, Horoscope, at her bedside. Horoscope is about to finish the job when Sophia walks into the room. Horoscope quickly makes her appearance look like a nurse and exits the room without killing Tiresias.
Eventually, Hercules finds that Gilgamesh was taken to a building that is under construction. Hemomentarily stops the ritual and a fight ensued. The leader of the ancient clan grabs Gilgamesh and is about to sacrifice him when two members of "The Uprising Storm" showup. They introduce themselves as Cryptomnesia and Catastrophobia, the God of Tech and the God of War. These are the new gods who are attempting to replace the old legends.
Hercules is unimpressed with these new gods and begins to provoke them. This leads to them showing Hercules just how strong they are. Catastrophobia blows up the bundling they are standing in and that is the end of the issue.
Overall, this issue did a lot for this story. While we have been hearing about the strength of The Uprising Storm since the beginning, in this story we got to see it. Without a second thought, they demolished a building and stopped a ritual aimed at stopping them. If that was not enough, we also see why the ancient creatures are afraid of them. The storm can get to them wherever they are. The one who finds Tiresias is the hospital shows that no place is safe. It wi certainly be interesting to see what Hercules is going to do to stop them. At this point he seems gravely outmatched.
Monday, February 1, 2016
Let me, first, get this out of the way. This book is not about Lady Thor or Thor Woman. It is about the Thor. Odison, the former holder Mjölnir, has been deemed unworthy. He is no longer Thor. So who is the new Thor?
We begin this story with an array of Asgardian characters on the moon. This happens to be where Mjölnir went after Thor was deemed unworthy. All of the Asgardians, including Odin, try to pry the hammer from the surface. None are able to.
While the attempts to lift the hammer are happening, there is an invasion of Frost Giants on Earth. Odin says that it is not an Agarsian issue and leaves. Odinson decides to try and save Earth even though he does not have the hammer. This does not end well for him. He loses his left arm in the battle and the Frost Giants continue to attack earth.
While this battle wages on, we see someone new lifting Mjölnir from the moon's surface and heading to earth. This is different than what most expect as Thor is now a woman. She possess Mjölnir and all the power that comes it.
Once back on earth, she confronts the Frost Giants, who are being led my Malekith the Accursed. Malekith is the leader of the Dark Elves and always has an alterior motive. The Frost Giants are looking for the head of their ancient King Laufey. He fell in battle many years earlier on Earth and his remains were never found. Until Roxxon Corporation, an evil corporation, discovered them at the bottom of the ocean.
The attacks is taking place at Roxxon Corporation Headquarters. The CEO of Roxxon, Dario Agger, is not all that he seems to be either. It turns out he transforms into a Minotaur. He, eventually, locks himself inside the vault where the skull is stored. Eventually Malekith makes his way inside the vault and the two of them fight.
While Malekith and Dario fight. The Odison shows up to confront Thor. He says she stole the hammer and they end up doing battle. They fight until Odinson realized Mjölnir has chosen this new Thor. He decided to trust the hammer and fight alongside her.
After they have defeated all the Frost Giants, Thor enters the vault and smashes the skull. She says of that's what they're fighting over, neither will have it. Malekith leaves and burns Odinson's severed arm. Dario tells them to leave his property. We later see Dario and Malekith discussing a deal for the real skull. The one that was destroyed was a fake.
Back on the moon, Thor is about to place the Hammer down when Freyja, shows to warn her. Freyja is the wife of Odin and the mother of Odinson. She warns Thor that Odin will come for the hammer and that she should be prepared.
This ends the tale of the Frost Giants' attack on earth but does not end our story. There is one last part to cover. Back in Asgard, Odin has called upon his brother, Cul Borson to act as his minister of justice. Cul is the God of Fear and has previously tried to take over Asgard. Odin is so desperate he has decided to trust him. Odin wants to know the identity of Thor and wants the hammer returned to, who he believes, is its rightful owner. Our story ends with Cul and Odin looking at the destroyer. This is a metallic robot like Asgardian weapon that is very powerful. Cul plans to use it to find Thor, reveal her indentity and return the hammer.
While Odin is appointing a new minister of justice, Odinson is in one of the halls trying to narrow down his list of who Thor could be. He approaches Lady Sif, who he had a relationship with. He asks her if she is the new Thor, she gets offended by this notion and throws mead in his face. She storms off while he continues to drink mead. Eventually, he is led out of the hall by his warriors three.
This story is a great read. It has a lot of action and a lot of great storytelling. The establishing of Thor being a woman and not being a version of Thor is new and interesting. They establish her story really well. She is a strong courageous person. She won't back down from a fight and she's resourceful.
This story incorporates a lot of well know villains, heroes and side characters from the history of Thor. It is also a good introduction as it provides a lot of details so there is not a lot of information missing on past events. Especially when it comes to what actually made Odinson unworthy. No one knows what was actually whispered.
I have read the next volume of this story as well. It only gets better. Please check out Thor Vol. 2 if you want to know how this story plays out!
Also, please check out the Book of the Month for February 2016: The Chew Vol. 1 from Image Comics
Sunday, January 24, 2016
As part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel, they have launched a new Uncanny Avengers team. The Uncanny Avengers team was originally compromised of mutants and humans to show that both could, not only, coexist but thrive when working together. This Uncanny Avengers team has humans, mutants and inhumans. Both mutants and inhumans are now both feared and hated by ordinary people. There is a virus spreading called m-pox. It's a direct result of inhumans releasing a terrigan mist that causes the inhuman change. It can have a lethal effect on mutants.
A quick introduction to the team. In the first issue we are introduced to Steve Rogers who is no longer Captain America, Rogue, who is part of the X-Men, Deadpool, the merc with a mouth, Johnny Storm, the Human torch from the Fantastic Four, Jericho Drumm aka Dr. Voodoo, Synapse, recently changed inhuman and Spider-Man, the original Peter Parker. By the end of the first issue we have a chance to the team Spider-man quits as he does not feel he can work with Deadpool. Spider-man does say however that if Deadpool leaves the team, he will rejoin it.
So now on to the story. This story takes place in the Boston area. It involves a recently turned inhuman who is trying to wipe out the human race. He sees humans as the biggest problem facing the earth. Part of his plan involves spreading a virus and the other part has plant based animals attacking anyone that stands in his way. Obviously, the Uncanny Avengers respond the attack and we go from there.
As the story is progressing we get the introduction of a new member to the team, Cable! Cable is the future son of Scott Summers, Cyclops, and Madelyne Pryor, a Jean Grey clone. He travels back in time because where he is from the Uncanny Avengers have failed to stop this villain. He wants to change that.
This story has a lot of great interactions among the characters. The actual story is pretty great as well. Without giving away the too much, we find out the real reason this team was assembled as well! I highly recommend picking up these issues and reading them.