Monday, January 15, 2024

My 2024 Comic Want List

 2024 Comic Want List:

5. Fantastic Four #46 (1966)


This book is the first full appearance of Blackbolt, the leader of the Inhumans. His first cameo appearance is in the issue prior to this, Fantastic Four #45. That issue is considered the first appearance of many of the other Inhumans, including Medusa and Lockjaw.

The reason this book is important to me is that I really enjoyed Anson Mount’s portrayal of Blackbolt in the Inhumans tv show that aired on ABC. He returned as the character in Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness as well for his official debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). I enjoyed it so much that I met Anson Mount at Rhode Island Comic Con in 2023. I did not get a picture with him, but I was able to to get an Inhumans poster signed by him.




4. Tales of Suspense #77 (1966)

Tales of Suspense #77 comes in #4. This comic is significant as it is the first full appearance of Peggy Carter in comics. Peggy Carter appeared in the MCU in all three Captain America films as well as Avengers: Endgame and Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness.

She was also the star of the Agent Carter tv show on ABC for two seasons from January 2015 - March 2016. However, the reason this is on the list is actually for my wife and not for me. She is a massive Peggy Carter fan and already owns her first appearances as Captain America, Exiles #3 (2018) and as Captain Carter #1 (2023).






3. Avengers #57 (1968)


Avengers #57 is the first full appearance of The Vision. The Vision debuted in the MCU in 2015’s Avengers Age of Ultron. He also appeared in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and WandaVision. 

Now, I’m a massive fan of the MCU and The Vision was a great addition to this roster, however, the bigger reason I want to collect this issue is because of Vision #1, which was released in 2015. In this run, Vision creates his own family. His wife, Virginia, his son, Vin, and his daughter, Viv. This is a fantastic story that modern day Marvel produced. I would highly recommend checking out this series. 





2. Daredevil #4 (1964)


Daredevil #4 is the first appearance of The Purple Man aka Killgrave who appeared in Jessica Jones season 1 and 3. He was portrayed by David Tennant. Killgrave was a phenomenal villain in season 1 and left one heck of an impression. 

I have actually had the chance to meet David Tennant twice. I discussed the meeting in my earlier post about my second day at New York Comic Con. He was really gracious to every fan and even though he had to get through a massive line, he took a little time with everyone.








1. Tales of Suspense #66 (1959)

Tales of Suspense #66 is the first silver age appearance of Red Skull, Johann Schmidt. He was portrayed by Hugo Weaving in Captain America: The First Avenger and subsequently potrayed by Ross Marquand in Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and What If..?

The Red Skull is an iconic character throughout Marvel comics. He's still front and center in stories like the current Thunderbolts comic series starring Bucky Barnes. This is another book with a personal connection as my wife and I had a chance to meet Ross Marquand as Terrificon in July 2023. He is one of my favorite celebrity encounters. We had a great time chatting with him and just discussing the most random things.


No comments:

Post a Comment