Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Art vs Story

The best part of comics is it combines two different forms of story telling. There are the words that tell the story but also the pictures. A good comic combines a great story with great art work. Some comics have great art work and a mediocre story and vice versa. It all depends on personal preference.

I bring up this topic because there's a comic, Guardians Team-Up #9, that has the potential to have a great story but the art in it does not appeal to me. I have debated buying this comic multiple times but I cannot get past the art work of.  The worst part is that it combines two comic characters I really like and should potentially be a great read. I wish the art was better and it is this that holds me back from buying. Maybe I will eventually cave but it is a real sticking point. 

Let me know where you are on comics. Does the art matter if the story is good or does the story matter if the art is good? 

Please share in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment