Friday, November 24, 2017

Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Shows

Photo From tvtropes.com


As a kid I remember watching Marvel cartoons on TV often. Looking back on it I don't think they were on nearly as much as I remember but still. We were lucky enough to have Iron Man, Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four and an Incredible Hulk cartoon. This does not even take into account, Spider-Man Unlimited or X-Men: Evolution. Both pretty good cartoons in their own rights.

Now however, we live in time where our larger than life superheroes are actually larger than life because we can watch them on the big screen. The cartoons were my entrance into the comic and superhero world, however the movies were the evolution of my fandom. Seeing Iron Man on the big screen re-ignited all of my childhood imaginations. What's cooler than a superhero that has a suit of armor for every situation? If he needs to go into space, he has a suit for that. He needs to go into a volcano, he has a suit for that. You know it and he either has a suit for it or he can create one. 

However, I digress from the point of this. Marvel still produces cartoons, but now they produce live action TV shows as well. We live in a time were just in the Marvel Cinematic Universe there are multiple live action shows.  Within this universe there is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, The Punisher, Runways and the soon-to-be released shows of Cloak and Dagger and The New Warriors. This is on top of the feature film entries in this shared universe. 

With all of these shows available, it can be extremely hard to pick a favorite. I happen to like all of the entries to varying levels. My two favorites are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil. However, that is to take nothing away from the more polarizing shows like Agent Carter and Iron Fist. They both had positives they brought to universe. 

This is a day late and maybe a dollar short, but as a comic book fan, I am grateful for all of the comic related entertainment available and especially the TV shows which I never dreamed a network would take a chance on.

Let me know what you're favorites are or were. If you want to talk about the 90's cartoons, please leave a comment and we can discuss them. They're amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment